Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 13 - A Fictional Book

For those of you who are totally out of touch with reading and don't know what fiction is; here is a simple definition... IT IS NOT REAL! :) Okay, now that we got that covered...

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is one of my all time favorite books. This book is perfect for a rainy/snowy weekend. It is an easy read for the most part, however, if you are not keen on old English you may want to have a dictionary close by. Oh how I wish I could write like Jane Austen!

I love how it is written in the fact that you are almost transported back to that time period. The author does a marvelous job of setting the characters up so you almost know what they are going to do. When I read this book, I can almost picture certain people I know as these characters. The storyline is timeless.

When I read this book, it makes me want to go back to those times and yet at the same time I am grateful for what we have in the 21st century. I like the simplicity of life, but yet it was hard work. The men were chivalrous, ladies were real ladies, and most people knew right from wrong. People worked hard for what they had and made sacrifices for the love of others.

Happy Reading!

No comments: