Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Small World

So my friend Annie from church recently told me about a couple that were at The Basic School (TBS) in VA right now and gave us eachother's names. The last couple of days this Marine Officer's wife (whose name we will call Jane for privacy) and I have been corresponding. It has been such an encouragement to know for sure what happens at TBS from the eyes of an officer wife. I probably scared her with how many questions I was asking, but she was nice enough to answer them and I feel like I know her now and we haven't even met.

Her husband is currently at TBS and is planning on taking an infantry billet (just like Paul wants to do). What is really ironic is that he wants to get stationed at Camp Williams, which is the same unit that Paul is in currently for the reserves. Weird huh? He will be ready for his first duty station sometime around March so it makes me wonder if he really does get his "dream destination" if him and Paul will see more of eachother.

The best news of all was that there is a great church there. Heritage Baptist Church in Woodbridge, VA which is just a short drive from Quantico. I looked it up online and it seems like a solid church that is very missions minded. They even have a military ministry that caters to the military families and reaches out to the men in Q-town. "Jane" said that the military people get together after church and have lunch. The young marrieds pastor is also a "ex" military officer! Here I was all concerned that there wouldn't be a "good" church but all along God had a plan. It makes you step back and remember that He put us in this field for a reason and we must trust Him to take care of us every step of the way.

We are hoping to meet them officially one evening when Paul and I are back in VA for his graduation. What a small world we sometimes live in! :)

No comments: