Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Sore

So Paul and I have been working out together lately...more like he has been my personal trainer! :) He got me going on crossfit. If you haven't heard of it you should definitely check it out. It works out your entire body and afterward you feel like you got kicked by a mule. Seriously, I was so sore this week that I couldn't climb down our stairs normally. I had to go down backwards (facing up top) and literally crawl down.
My legs weren't the only part of me that was sore. My arms felt like I left them at the gym clinging to the pullup bar. Putting clothes on has never been so difficult and even stupid little things like sitting down required much contemplation to figure out the least painful route.
You may be wondering what excercise caused so much pain. With crossfit you do everything as fast as you can while still having good form. This circuit contained:
1 Mile Run
100 Pullups
100 Pushups
150 Squats (these are the ones where your knees don't go in front of your toes - try it)
1 Mile Run
By the end of the circuit - which took one hour - I was so exhausted I felt like losing my lunch and I was also getting very faint. However, when you leave the gym and you feel that tired - and worse the next three days - you know that you did something worthwhile.
Tomorrow Paul and I are heading back to the gym...I am honestly hoping to see results but to feel healthier as well.

1 comment:

Emma said...

The girls at my work do crossfit! I'm too big of a baby. When are we going to play again?