Friday, August 29, 2008

Show Me The True Blooded Aggies..!

This Monday Paul and I embarked on yet another year of college. Paul is now a senior and I am still a lowly Junior. :) Paul is taking 18 credits while I am balancing 17...this can be a little much for us at times.
Paul has two upper division Econ classes, a Philosophy class, a Military Science class, a Personal Finance class, and sewing. Yes, you read that right....sewing. He is one of two guys in the class and it was quite hilarious that the teacher told them the first day that they would be better than the girls since a sewing machine was a large power tool and the girls would be intimidated. I had to laugh thinking about the welding classes that I have taken...those girls don't even know the start of large tools...
My classes this semester are going to take a lot of time with required readings and study. They are all above 3500 level classes (except for CHEM) which reinforces the fact I am a Junior. I have Turf Grass Management, Soil and Water Conservation, Genetics, Chemistry, American Literature, and we both are taking Ballroom Dancing together. We thought it would be fun to learn together and just goof off at home with it later on. So far it is quite fun and very good for our communication skills. :) Paul has to lead and I have to follow (I have been working on my end a lot lately). This is actually a really good comparison of the married life. Maybe I will expound one day...
The first week of school has to be one of the best...that is for freebies!! Monday we got Aggie Ice Cream for free. It wasn't just a little taste either; it was about six dollars worth if you went and bought it at the Ice Cream Shop. Tuesday brought free Scottsman Dogs. I have to admit that these are remarkably good and not at all what I expected. They are cheeseburgers that are shaped into a hot dog and served in a hot dog bun. So Good...
Wednesday it was Day on the Quad. This is the day to stock up on all the free candy, pop, water, pencils, ice cream, etc. There has got to be over fifty booths giving away prizes while advertising their club or group. I met Paul between classes to run through really quick and we came out with an ipod Nano, 3 frisbees (don't ask me how we will use them all at once), balls, drinks, fat boys, creamies, popsicles, etc. We didn't even manage to make it through entirely but were pretty happy with our loot!
Thursday at dark USU played Iron Man out on the HPER Field on a gigantic blow up screen. This screen was seriously the size of a regular movie theater screen too. We lugged our bean bag chair, popcorn, blankets and sweatshirts (it has been getting down in the forties at night) to the field. There had to be over 600 people in attendance!! It was great...even though we didn't get home until midnight because of the late showing.
Friday....well today isn't the best day of them all. They had free Otter Pops in the TSC but that was about it. Tonight is an 80's dance that the ASUSU is hosting. Needless to say we won't be going to that...
With all the happenings the first week of school, ya gotta get in the Aggie Song from time to time. It has such a catching tune that you can catch Paul and I humming it from time to time...
Show me the Scottsman who doesn't love the thistle,
Show me the Englishman who doesn't love the rose,
Show me the True Blooded Aggie from Utah,
Who doesn't love the spot where the sage brush grows!!

No comments: