Monday, March 30, 2009

Missions Conference



This past week at Grace Baptist Church, we had our annual Missions Conference. We had pastor Dave Hardy and Mrs. Grace Hardy in for the conference and what a pleasure it was to have them! Pastor and Mrs. Hardy divided the men and ladies up twice so that they could speak to us openly. It was neat to come home and ask Paul what the general message was to the men while I relayed what Mrs. Hardy brought to us ladies.

Our missions conference ended Sunday night with faith promise cards being turned in and an international potluck (yum yum). Our church supports 46 missionaries and this year we pledged to give $38,000 to missions. For the size of our church, this is a large feat and we are proud to have a part in giving to reach lost souls in need of a Saviour.


I am reminded of the song So Send I You which goes like this:
So send I you to labor unrewarded,To serve unpaided, unloved, unsought, unknown,To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing-So send I you to toil for me alone.
So send I you to bind the bruised and broken,O'er wand'ring souls to work, to weep, to wake,To bear the burdens of a world aweary-So send I you to suffer for My sake.
So send I you to loneliness and longing, With heart ahung'ring for the loved and known,Forsaking home and kindred, friend and dear one-So send I you to know My love alone.
So send I you to leave your life's ambition,To die to dear desire, self-will resign,To labor long, and love where men revile you-So send I you to love your life in Mine.
So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred,To eyes made blind because they will not see,To spend, tho' it be blood, to spend and spare not-So send I you to taste of Calvary.


No comments: