Saturday, September 22, 2012

September flying away!

I can't believe how fast this month has gone by! I just completed my fourth week teaching at Havelock HS and enjoy it immensely.  The staff and administration are so welcoming and are truly caring about my welfare.  For example, the Principal asked me how I was doing but then after my standard reply he re-asked in a "no, how are you really doing?".  He then proceeded to ask if I had been making friends and was staying active in church.  Such a great guy!  Couldn't have asked for a better school to teach at!

I took my students on their first adventure this past week.  We left to attend a Regional Leadership Conference at a college about two hours away.  It made for a long day since I didn't get home until 10 pm, but it was worth it.  The next morning my students reiterated to their friends and to me how much fun they had.  Those smiling faces and the questions asking about our next trip made it all worth it.

When I am not at school, I can be found doing the random things around the house that need done, preparing lessons, writing my thesis, and sleeping.  Pretty much repeat all those things and that is why September has literally flown away!  The good news is that I have FINALLY set a date to defend my thesis (I know, contribute to the "about time" jokes).  Because of it's approaching deadline, which is only 50 days from today, it has been consuming all my "free" time.

Another bit of good news...I have a timeline for Paul's arrival!! Yay! :) It's a window and I am hoping days before that window is here will continue to fly by like this past month. :)

1 comment:

SummerRose said...

Cute clock, except I'd be checking it all the time and it would drive me nuts that it wasn't down to 1 day yet! haha :)