Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 17 - A Piece of art

I know... it has been forever!! The holidays were really good though...

This picture is Woman with a Parasol by Claude Monet. It was painted in 1875. He is one of my favorite painters because of his use of muted colors. So beautiful. This is a picture of the painting that I took while visiting the Smithsonian Art Museum here in Washington, D.C. this summer.

Of course I had to throw some funny pictures in here of my parent's visit to the art museum with us. Dad, being a artist himself, could spend all day in there looking at the sculptures. This one makes me laugh every time I see it.
Sadly, this is supposed to be George Washington and was intended to be a gigantic statue in DC to commemorate him. He looks far to Roman-god like in my opinion... Paul looks good though! :)
Nice, Paul!

No comments: