Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 1 ~ Your Greatest Accomplishment

Accomplishment: [uh-kom-plish-muhnt] noun
1. an act or instance of carrying into effect; fulfillment:
2. something done admirably or creditably:
3. anything accomplished; deed; achievement:

I would have to say that my biggest achievement has been graduating with my Bachelors in Agricultural Education. To some this is not a lot, but for me, it is a big deal. Here are my reasons.

* I was married for three out of the four years
* I transferred schools - from University of Idaho to Utah State University
* I am the first person in my family to graduate with my Bachelors
* I graduated with a combined 3.84 GPA
* I participated in student organizations and served in leadership roles
* I student taught in a state completely foreign to me
* I worked part time while attending school
* I was active in our church teaching Jr. Church, playing piano, and helping with the youth ministry
* I finished my last semester with Paul training over 2,000 miles away
* I have zero dollars in student loans receiving over $65,000 in scholarships

However, none of this happened because of me. I thank the Lord for blessing me with the opportunity and resources to accomplish this feat. I also thank my parents for instilling in me desire and a dream. And finally, for Paul for putting up with my late night studying, mounds of laundry, and crazy coffee addiction. Since I am working on my Masters right now, I have been contemplating continuing on towards a doctorate. With Paul's brother finishing medical school, who knows, there could one day be two Dr. Vandenbos'... :)

No comments: