Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sickies


Paul and I had a great Saturday evening skiing with Matt and Annie at the Beav just a short distance from our home. It was a blast to just hang out and enjoy Christian fellowship with them, as they are close friends. However, that night and early morning was not so fun...


Paul was beginning to catch something like a cold on Saturday but we decided to go up anyways. He said he felt great on the mountain and even felt a little better with all of that fresh air. But in the wee hours of Sunday Morning the nasty sickness set in... Sunday morning saw me going to church and Paul laying in bed like a zombie.


That evening at church a missionary was in town. He is a missionary in Germany to our US troops. We both went, even though Paul was obviously not feeling well, because we wanted to hear him speak and be a blessing to Pastor. We are so happy that we went. He just bore all and ended up preaching/giving his testimony until 8:30 that night (service starts at 6:00)!! He had the neatest family and testimony. He was in the Army for five years and that is where he got saved was while stationed in Germany. He admonished us to witness to "every living creature" and not give up. After the service he told Paul and I that in his time in the Army he had led over 1004 people to the Lord, most of those were service men. WOW!! Talk about goosebumps!


Anyways...it is Monday evening and I have caught whatever Paul had (minus the coughing up blood). I learned last night that Dramamine works really well as a sleep aide....You should try it sometime!

3 comments:

Derek Linder said...

Sorry you guys got hit with the sick bug. Glad you both are doing better. Catch ya at church tomorrow.

Kaitie Jane said...

Ohhh! I'm sorry you guys are getting sick! I think I may have allergies out here. I all of a sudden started sneezing (which I rarely do, at least in a week's time)and can't breath through my nose! Crazy! Then again I have never lived out here during the spring, soo... maybe it's all of these Joshua trees! lol Hope you both are doing well other than that!

Jaysa said...

Sara!! Feel better!!! :( I'm sorry you're sick!